hello Polish photo Image Map

Friday, September 20, 2013

9.20.13


Makeup is my favorite! Skin care is important.

I get this overwhelming sense of joy when I step into a Sephora or Ulta. A child-opening-a-christmas-present kind of happy, guys. My life goal is to have a swimming pool filled with gobs of makeup, so I can swim in it like Scrooge McDuck.
As much as I die over that stuff, I wasn't always the best at taking care of my canvas. A fresh, flawless face starts with healthy skin.



 I start with a daily routine of a cleanser, a toner, a moisturizer, and I use tea tree oil as a spot remover when blemishes sneak up on me. After that, I prep my eyes.
This is the greatest tip anyone has ever given me.
Start with the eyes.
I live by this, and if you don't do it already, I'm begging you to try.
The fall out from the eyeshadow and mascara can be super messy, so if I do the eyes first, I can simply wipe it away, instead of trying to cover it up post-foundation.

When the eyes are done, I apply a primer.
Not only does primer help my makeup stay on all day, but it also helps me use half as much foundation as I normally would. This is the primer I'm currently using, but my favorite cheap-o is this! Don't knock it until you try it.

I apply a dime sized amount, and apply; starting with the nose, and working my way out.

Foundation time. I use Mat+Velvet by Make Up Forever.
This is probably the most important product you will use on your face. It doesn't only cover the whole face, but it stays there all day. This is not something I skip on. Cheap foundation contains harsh and toxic chemicals that will clog the pores and damage the skin.
Investing in a foundation is a big step, but one you will not regret.

Concealer! I have horrible dark circles. If I'm not wearing it, people normally ask me if I "feel okay" or if I'm "tired". No, my face is just discolored, thanks for asking.
Lifesaver!

I have a nice ole' case of "foundation lips" going on here. I have to define my lips after foundation or I just lose them (and thats hard to do with my lips..) For a natural look, try a nude lipstick or lip-liner.


To finish off my simple, fresh look, I added my favorite blush underneath my cheek, and blended upward to the bottoms of my apples. Next, I added a highlighter to my cheek bones, and the corners of my eyes.
Plus some lipstick to polish!

 Thanks for reading!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous.
    Now share your goddess eyebrow secrets, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. You are too gorgeous.
    2. I've been secretly hoping you were going to share about make-up on your blog. HOORAY!
    3. I started using the Tarte (I'm obsessed with that brand now) cream stick concealer under the eyes recently. Is the liquid Tarte concealer better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you, Mara! Of course I'm going to share make-up! Who do you think I am? Haha
      Tarte is amazing. I love their brow mousse too.

      The liquid is going to be a little bit of a heavier coverage, and feels thicker on. If you don't have trouble with dark circles or keeping your concealer on, the one you have now is probably your best bet.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. how gorgeous is this! you are absolutely beautiful! your blog is oh so lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such kind words. I really appreciate them! I adore your blog so much, too.

      Delete
  4. omg you look way too pretty!
    would you mind to follow each other? :)

    Kisses from Hong Kong :*

    www.basic-classic.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/basicclassic
    www.instagram.com/Andianti_

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this look! what lipstick is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Brittney!
      It's Lancome's Rouge in Love 353M "Roses in Love"
      xoxo

      Delete